Friday, July 16, 2010

'Tis July, or What it's like to be 25

Hey all.  The summer's been shaping up pretty nicely except a trip to Mexico that I had to bail on at the last minute.  (sadness)

In May I saw my cousin graduate with a Masters in Divinity.  In June I helped my parents start repainting their house (they're still working on it) and went to a workshop in Indiana.  Oh, and watched part of the World Cup for the first time in my life.

Now, in July I have been suffering the slings and arrows of Chicago's heat and humidity while braving the elements to partake in some of the city's local fun.  Like everyone and their mother I stopped by Taste of Chicago.  I saw a concert in Millennium Park and played in the spitting fountain with the other tourists.  I've gone to Chinatown and Wicker Park and the Magnificent Mile, and I've seen the 4th of July fireworks in Oak Park (since the Loop is a zoo on the 4th).  Chi town, as they say, is something to see in the summer.

And yet, all at the same time I've got to be a grad student?  Yeesh.  C'est la vie.

No comments:

Post a Comment