Monday, March 22, 2010

50 cent words, the entry!

Ok, so I had a few minutes on my hands and googled the term "50 cent word" and came up with a few interesting things. First, I always enjoy it when ideas transcend the language they start in.

Also, here's a post from a site/blog/editorial called "Wordplay."

I actually got all of them right, but I figure being a linguist and a language teacher (of a romance language) is kind of cheating--in a good way, though.

I am sad to say, however, that searching wikipedia came up with mostly discussion of 50 Cent, the rapper. Too bad--I was hoping to find the source of the term there.

1 comment:

  1. I switched two (Concomitant and Lagniappe). At least they were sort of similar... they both "went with" something. Good job getting them all right! :)

    ReplyDelete