Monday, March 29, 2010

Yes, Pennsylvania

Yes, indeed, the state with the 3rd most accredited universities (which happens 33rd in physical size) is Pennsylvania.  I would have thought that it would have ranked higher on size, myself.  As to the French Market, I didn't really taste any cheeses, but there's certainly cow-shaped cheeses--quite the sight, lemme tell you.  I would, however, recommend the patisserie and its many lovely pastries.  Mmm!

On a linguistic note, there's a conference coming up in Bloomington, Indiana called SyntaxFest 2010.  The dates are the 15-18th of June, and it's going to feature a whole slew of achieved syntacticians: Lasnik, Bošković, Hornsein, Merchant, and Roberts are the invited speakers.  Now, the reason that I mention it is that on Thursday of this week, April 1st, early registration ends, so if you're thinking of going, the time to register is now.

No comments:

Post a Comment